Michigan Blue Tiger Democrats is a Michigan Democratic Party project that is coordinated through local Democratic organizations. It is a movement dedicated to civic engagement and community service by Democrats. By demonstrating our commitment to the neighborhoods, individuals and ideals that make our Party great, we believe we can engage people year-round in volunteer activities that help people, and in-turn, strengthen the Party from our grassroots. We acknowledge and thank the founder of Blue Tiger Democrats, Bill Samuels.
Blue Tiger, building upon the excitement created by President Obama’s campaign and election, can achieve great things. We believe that together, we can:
- Build respect for the Michigan Democratic Party and our elected leaders;
- Increase the capacity of the Party to do good work and have a positive impact on the lives of Michiganders;
- Support the people of Michigan through consistent community commitment.
In our attempts to strengthen and grow the Party, we ask you to join us in re-committing yourself to:
- Be an Innovator. . . Create a vision of what and how you would like the Party to be seen in your community (aside from politics) and start getting those ideas on paper
- Be Bold and Take Action. . . Brainstorm and share your ideas with others of how you can brand and build the Party while serving your community
- Be a Leader. . . Share your ideas with local Party organizations, members, elected leaders as well as other people in your community to see if there is potential for you to collaborate on your project and in the process build new relationships
- Be an Organizer. . . Set goals, timelines, roles to fill and write up a project description and plan so you can successfully implement your project and get others invested in a clear vision
- Be Thoughtful, Thorough and Build the Party. . . Document everything you do so we can share your successes, learn from your mistakes, share best practices and continue to develop a Party that is committed to year-round service in our communities
The Michigan Indo American Democratic Caucus reminds us…
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi.
Be the Change You Want in This World
Get Connected. . . Contact Brad Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-371-5410.